Town and country planning
The UK's planning system is governed by a myriad of legislation, regulations and policies at government, county and local levels - all complicated by case law and precedent.
Add to this mix, the new Localism Act (which aims to devolve greater powers to local authorities and communities) and the proposed National Planning Policy Framework (part of reforms to make the planning system lex complex and promote sustainable growth) and you have a hugely complex area.
How William Martin can help
By co-ordinating all of our services, we can support a full range of planning and development-related activities , across all property sectors.
Our services include:
- strategic planning
- property strategies
- planning and development appraisals
- applications, appeals and expert witness input at inquiries or hearings
- representations and policy advice on local and structure plans
- master planning and urban design
- project management and lead consultancy in multi-discipline planning exercises
- advice on planning law and enforcement
- conservation and listed buildings consultancy - including viability assessments
- regeneration studies and re-use of 'brownfield land' including - grant funding and partnerships
- planning gain negotiations;
- management of environmental appraisal and audits including - contaminated land evaluation;
- public consultation and public relations
If you're a property owner, occupier, developer or an investor, our expert planning advice will help to protect your interests and asset values.